четверг

[Bug 2165430] [NEW] 8/24/26 daily current live ubuntu-mate provides no network connection.

Public bug reported: I booted up the live iso of ubuntu-mate 26.10 to check it out for possible installation, GUI loads OK, but when I got Firefox launched there was an error showing "can't connect to server" and the network applet showed one of its legs with an "x" rather than a "connection" . . . with an ethernet connection that I am using now to type this bug report. I tried to click "enable networking" . . . but that did nothing to provide a connection. I tried to run "ping google.com" which failed to show any pings. As there was no internet connection provided in the live session I couldn't file the bug report from the system, had to reboot out of it. Today filing from another OS I have installed on the machine. Two posts on different sub-forums of the ubuntu pre-release sub-forum were filed and the best advice provided was to file a bug report on it, "probably a missing driver" . . . and it probably is. ** Affects: linux (Ubuntu) Importance: Undecided Status: New ** Tags: kernel-daily-bug ** Attachment added: "20260825_163311.jpg" https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2165430/+attachment/5996017/+files/20260825_163311.jpg -- You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to linux in Ubuntu. Matching subscriptions: Bgg, Bmail, Nb https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2165430 Title: 8/24/26 daily current live ubuntu-mate provides no network connection. Status in linux package in Ubuntu: New Bug description: I booted up the live iso of ubuntu-mate 26.10 to check it out for possible installation, GUI loads OK, but when I got Firefox launched there was an error showing "can't connect to server" and the network applet showed one of its legs with an "x" rather than a "connection" . . . with an ethernet connection that I am using now to type this bug report. I tried to click "enable networking" . . . but that did nothing to provide a connection. I tried to run "ping google.com" which failed to show any pings. As there was no internet connection provided in the live session I couldn't file the bug report from the system, had to reboot out of it. Today filing from another OS I have installed on the machine. Two posts on different sub-forums of the ubuntu pre-release sub-forum were filed and the best advice provided was to file a bug report on it, "probably a missing driver" . . . and it probably is. To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/2165430/+subscriptions

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий