** Tags added: kernel-daily-bug -- You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to linux in Ubuntu. Matching subscriptions: Bgg, Bmail, Nb https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2164910 Title: Ubuntu 24.04 freezes completely with amdgpu VM_L2_PROTECTION_FAULT on kernel 6.8.0-138-generic Status in linux package in Ubuntu: New Bug description: Ubuntu 24.04 experienced a complete graphical freeze while running kernel 6.8.0-138-generic. The system became completely unresponsive. The mouse pointer was frozen and I was unable to interact with the desktop, so a hard reboot was required. After rebooting, I checked the kernel journal from the previous boot. The final kernel messages immediately before the forced reboot are: Aug 24 15:59:52 kernel: amdgpu 0000:2a:00.0: amdgpu: [gfxhub0] retry page fault (src_id:0 ring:0 vmid:3 pasid:32774, for process firefox-bin pid 37166 thread firefox:cs0 pid 37250) Aug 24 15:59:52 kernel: amdgpu 0000:2a:00.0: amdgpu: in page starting at address 0x0000800113480000 from IH client 0x1b (UTCL2) Aug 24 15:59:52 kernel: amdgpu 0000:2a:00.0: amdgpu: VM_L2_PROTECTION_FAULT_STATUS:0x00341051 There are no later kernel messages in that boot. Firefox was running when the freeze occurred. The journal therefore mentions firefox-bin, but I cannot determine whether Firefox triggered the GPU fault or was merely the process using the affected GPU context. The system had to be rebooted manually at approximately 16:00 local time. Expected result: The desktop and GPU should continue operating normally. Actual result: The graphical session/system froze completely and required a hard reboot. System information: Ubuntu: 24.04 Desktop: GNOME / Wayland Kernel: 6.8.0-138-generic x86_64 Package: linux-image-6.8.0-138-generic 6.8.0-138.138 I generated a full Apport report for the linux package after rebooting. I am also attaching the complete kernel journal from the previous boot, which contains the GPU fault immediately before the system became unresponsive. Attachment: - kernel-freeze-2026-08-24.log To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/2164910/+subscriptions
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий