DISAPPOINTMENT WITH CANONICAL'S FAILURE IN THE LINUX KERNEL RELEASE Dear Canonical employees, I am a very kind and nice person, but you have nevertheless deeply disappointed me. This is really not done. I do not understand what kind of serious failure this is supposed to be. You have released a new version of the Linux kernel. I do not understand why you released it when fundamental and critical bugs remain unfixed. Honestly, I really do not understand this, because I think the most luxurious job of all is working at Canonical, as they tolerate you slacking off and not working there. I do not understand why you work at Canonical and collect a salary when you are not working. When I report a bug to you and you do not fix it. THE DIFFICULTY OF REPORTING AND DIAGNOSING BUGS It is necessary to realize that even reporting a bug is a very demanding activity. It simply takes huge, long hours of work just to diagnose which program is responsible for it, whether it was the Linux kernel or not. I put an enormous amount of effort into this; I worked incredibly hard. It is a massive volunteer effort. Rightfully, I should even be paid for it, and as a volunteer, I have simply done a huge amount of work for you, and you just ignore it. I do not know why you go to work and why you are employed there when you don't actually fix the errors and bugs. I am truly a very kind person, but you have really disappointed me with this. You are really pushing it now; this is truly going to extremes. MISSING CONTROL MECHANISM AND EMPLOYEE IRRESPONSIBILITY This is indeed a very serious failure of Canonical as a company. Such things should definitely not be done and should not occur, because there must be some sort of control mechanism. An employee must show some work; they simply cannot just slack off there. And this strikes me as sheer sloppiness and irresponsibility, when I report a bug and do two-thirds of the work for you, which I didn't even have to do at all. I only told you that these and those symptoms are there, and you should find where it is yourselves, because otherwise it would be practically impossible for you to fix such a bug—you would have to work really hard. Yet, I did two-thirds of that work for you. You also cannot make any excuses about being too busy or simply not having enough time. Under no circumstances do such excuses fly, because you simply have massive artificial intelligence tools at your disposal. RESOLVING BUGS WITH THE USE OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TOOLS Artificial intelligence can advise you very significantly and precisely diagnose which line of code is responsible for it, which one is causing the error. You simply just need to use those artificial intelligence tools and it can be resolved, and it doesn't even have to be unrealistically time-consuming. So, this is a very serious problem. Please, do not be angry with me, but you are really overdoing it now. This is truly out of line; you have really crossed all red lines. This is really not done. CHAOS AND LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY IN OPEN-SOURCE PROJECTS I don't know, the way it all works is indeed extremely chaotic. Why do I even report these bugs when no one is responsible for them? One developer makes excuses pointing to another developer, and in the end, nothing gets fixed. No one is responsible for anything; everyone just passes it from one to another like a hot potato, and so on. So, it is truly a very ugly chaos. These open-source projects certainly have their positives, but unfortunately, they also have very unpleasant negatives. No one is responsible for anything; bugs do not get fixed. I report it and put a huge amount of work into it. I struggled with it for three hours just to diagnose where the error is, and you just shrug it off. Meanwhile, all it would take is about fifteen minutes of your time to do it, and you just don't care. As I say, I am not explicitly a professional developer, so I cannot do it for you, and I cannot fix it as a volunteer. It wouldn't even be responsible if I tried to fix it here through some bytecoding. So, that would also just be more volunteer work. But this is very, very sad; I am very angry about it. I tried to motivate you very positively and speak to you very positively. I am a highly good-natured person, good through and through, truly an extremely sweet and good person, but this is really making my righteous anger boil over inside me. You have really crossed the line this time. Please, this is simply not done. FAILURE OF CANONICAL'S TOP MANAGEMENT AND THE NEED FOR PERMANENT EMPLOYEE MONITORING I really do not understand how the entire top management of Canonical has completely failed. After all, Canonical simply pays these employees, and they simply don't show any work. How can something like this even happen? This control system should definitely be strengthened in some way, so that if an employee receives a salary, they must also actually show some results. It cannot be like this; there cannot be anarchy here. Clearly, every single Canonical employee should be under clear supervision. There really should be permanent screen recordings to ensure that the employee actually puts in the hours on the computer, so that it cannot be faked in any way. It cannot work this way, for God's sake. A new version of the Linux kernel is released, and it is not fixed at all. You can't possibly be serious. So, what was the point of releasing that new version of the Linux kernel if the bugs weren't fixed at all? -- You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to linux in Ubuntu. Matching subscriptions: Bgg, Bmail, Nb https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2161214 Title: [Regression] Black screen / no backlight on resume from suspend in kernel 7.0.0-28-generic (Dell Precision M4800, Optimus Intel + Quadro K1100M on nouveau) Status in linux package in Ubuntu: New Bug description: Hi, I am experiencing a regression in the latest Ubuntu kernel package. **Hardware & GPU details:** - Laptop: Dell Precision M4800 - iGPU: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller - dGPU: NVIDIA Corporation GK107GLM [Quadro K1100M] (rev a1) - Driver in use: 'nouveau' (open-source kernel driver) - OS: Kubuntu 26.04 (Wayland) **Symptoms:** When waking up the laptop from suspend, the screen remains pitch black (no backlight turns on). The system is actually responsive in the background: when I press my FIDO2 security key, it blinks, I can authenticate and the system unlocks, but the display output/backlight remains completely dead. **Regression confirmation:** - Kernel 7.0.0-28-generic: BROKEN (reproducible every time on resume, black screen) - Kernel 7.0.0-27-generic: OK (works perfectly, screen wakes up immediately on resume) Since only the kernel version was changed and Mesa/KWin remained the same, this is a clear kernel regression in the DRM/nouveau/i915 subsystem. ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 26.04 Package: linux-image-7.0.0-28-generic 7.0.0-28.28 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 7.0.0-28.28-generic 7.0.12 Uname: Linux 7.0.0-28-generic x86_64 ApportVersion: 2.34.0-0ubuntu2 Architecture: amd64 CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown CurrentDesktop: KDE Date: Sat Jul 18 22:38:20 2026 InstallationDate: Installed on 2026-04-28 (81 days ago) InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 26.04 "Resolute Raccoon" - Release amd64 (20260423) IwDevWlp3s0Link: Not connected. MachineType: Dell Inc. Precision M4800 ProcFB: 0 i915drmfb ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-7.0.0-28-generic root=UUID=0865911a-d995-4fff-b0d8-34f3e26f1603 ro quiet splash PulseList: Error: command ['pacmd', 'list'] failed with exit code 1: No PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon. SourcePackage: linux UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install) WifiSyslog: dmi.bios.date: 10/08/2018 dmi.bios.release: 65.25 dmi.bios.vendor: Dell Inc. dmi.bios.version: A25 dmi.board.name: 0V5GVY dmi.board.vendor: Dell Inc. dmi.board.version: A00 dmi.chassis.type: 9 dmi.chassis.vendor: Dell Inc. dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnDellInc.:bvrA25:bd10/08/2018:br65.25:svnDellInc.:pnPrecisionM4800:pvr00:rvnDellInc.:rn0V5GVY:rvrA00:cvnDellInc.:ct9:cvr:sku05CC:pfa: dmi.product.name: Precision M4800 dmi.product.sku: 05CC dmi.product.version: 00 dmi.sys.vendor: Dell Inc. To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/2161214/+subscriptions
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий