Hello, I believe that I am experiencing the same issue, or at least one that is very closely related. My specs: Motherboard: ASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO Memory: 48.0 GiB DDR4 3200 MHz (2×16 GB + 2×8 GB) Processor: Ryzen 7 1700X Graphics: Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 380 Dual-X OC 4G Firmware Version: 8601 OS Name: Ubuntu 26.04 LTS OS Type: 64-bit GNOME Version: 50 Windowing System: Wayland Kernel Version: Linux 7.0.0-28-generic Display: I have three displays connected: two Dell P2419H monitors (1920×1080 @ 60 Hz) connected via DisplayPort and VGA, and a TV connected via HDMI. My primary display is the monitor connected through DisplayPort. The issue: When I leave my PC unattended for some time, the displays turn off as expected. However, when I try to wake them up, they never come back on, regardless of what key I press. Looking through the `journalctl` logs, I can see that pressing the power button is still logged, so this does not appear to be a complete OS crash. After troubleshooting the issue with an AI agent (Codex), comparing my `journalctl` logs with this report and also with https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/work_items/5123, I believe that my issue is closely related, although not identical. The last log entries before I have to perform a hard reset are consistently: 2026-08-01T20:30:48+02:00 kernel: amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: last message was failed ret is 0 2026-08-01T20:30:56+02:00 kernel: amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: last message was failed ret is 0 2026-08-01T20:31:02+02:00 kernel: amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: last message was failed ret is 0 2026-08-01T20:31:07+02:00 kernel: amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: last message was failed ret is 0 2026-08-01T20:31:15+02:00 kernel: amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: last message was failed ret is 0 2026-08-01T20:31:18+02:00 systemd-logind: Power key pressed short. I have not found any `No EDID read` messages in my retained logs. However, I do repeatedly see: amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: [drm] Failed to setup vendor infoframe on connector HDMI-A-1: -22 I also found these earlier GPU reset logs: 2026-07-28T21:35:13+02:00 kernel: amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: AMDGPU device coredump file has been created 2026-07-28T21:35:13+02:00 kernel: amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: ring uvd timeout, signaled seq=2, emitted seq=2 2026-07-28T21:35:13+02:00 kernel: amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: GPU reset begin!. Source: 1 2026-07-30T20:11:59+02:00 kernel: amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: AMDGPU device coredump file has been created 2026-07-30T20:11:59+02:00 kernel: amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: ring uvd timeout, signaled seq=1705, emitted seq=1705 2026-07-30T20:11:59+02:00 kernel: amdgpu 0000:0b:00.0: GPU reset begin!. Source: 1 I am not entirely sure that these earlier GPU resets are related to the same issue. I have also had a couple of freezes where the screens did not go dark. They simply froze and stayed that way until I forcefully restarted the machine. Initially, I suspected that my GPU might be failing. However, after reading these reports, I am starting to think that this could be a software issue instead. I just wanted to share this information in case it helps narrow down the problem. -- You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to linux in Ubuntu. Matching subscriptions: Bgg, Bmail, Nb https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2142389 Title: amdgpu (R9 380) fails to resume from suspend (deep sleep) – black screen, requires hard reboot Status in linux package in Ubuntu: Confirmed Bug description: AMDGPU suspend → display black / no video after resume on Radeon R9 380 (No EDID read) Summary: After system suspend from Zorin OS 18 (Ubuntu 24.10 base, kernel 6.17.0-14), the system sometimes resumes but the display remains black (no signal). System continues running (fans/LEDs active), but monitor shows no output. Only hard reboot restores video. Steps to reproduce: Boot Zorin OS 18 (Ubuntu 24.10 kernel 6.17). Suspend system (e.g., via GNOME “Suspend”). Wait short period. Attempt to resume (mouse/keyboard). System wakes but display either shows garbled video or no output. Observed behavior: System appears not crashed (fans/LEDs/keyboard continue). Screen stays black or displays remnants but no usable video. Sometimes resume works, sometimes fails. Relevant log excerpt: amdgpu 0000:01:00.0: [drm] *ERROR* No EDID read. Hardware: Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 GPU: AMD Radeon R9 380 Series (Tonga, amdgpu driver) Software environment: Zorin OS 18 Core (Ubuntu 24.10 base) kernel: 6.17.0-14-generic X11 session Workaround currently applied: Suspend disabled. System remains stable without suspend. Note: Bug appears related to video resume rather than system freeze; display subsystem (EDID handshake) may fail after suspend. Additional info: Similar reports of amdgpu black screen / suspend issues exist (e.g., Launchpad #2141216) and community discussions on black screen resume after suspend for AMD GPUs. To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/2142389/+subscriptions
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий