суббота

[Bug 2064906] Re: White screen and Screen Flickering

Too hacky for my usecase. I'll just wait for the next stable version of
the nvidia driver to get released.

--
You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to linux
in Ubuntu.
Matching subscriptions: Bgg, Bmail, Nb
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2064906

Title:
White screen and Screen Flickering

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed

Bug description:
I have a Lenovo Legion 7 Laptop with AMD 7000 series APU and dedicated
NVIDIA RTX 4060 GPU.

Issue description:
Originally, I started with ubuntu 22 which had several missing Drivers. One of the Problems was that the sceen would sometimes freak out with partial white flashing which quickly worsens until the whole screen turns white. The OS keeps running. I can still hear audio and the mouse is still being rendered ontop of the white screen, changing when I hover over elements. I have also had success when logging out on the top right corner through trial and error (since I cannot see whats behing the white screen). Restarting the Machine or logging out resolves the issue Temporarily.

I have tried several things with varying success:
- I have tried installing KDE plasma, which did not fix the issue
- I have tried switching GPU Drivers (530 or 535 is the offered one in ubuntu, also tried the generic driver with the same issue) Allegedly this problem is known with these nvidia driver versions so I tried to install version 550 manually, but that led into a boot loop.
- I have installed ubuntu 24.04 and upgraded the kernel to 6.9-RC6, which greatly improved on the issue compared to ubuntu 22.04. However is is still almost 100% reproducible when starting full screen applications such as a game or going into full screen on youtube
- I have lowered the screen refresh rate from 244hz to 60hz, which also reduced the frequency of the issue appearing. I can now watch youtube on full screen most of the time but playing a game for instance still does not work

As for the requested kernel information, I cannot find how to attach a
"separate attachment" here.

Best regards,

Julian Bechtold
---
ProblemType: Bug
ApportVersion: 2.28.1-0ubuntu2
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 24.04
InstallationDate: Installed on 2024-04-26 (10 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS "Noble Numbat" - Release amd64 (20240424)
Package: linux (not installed)
Tags: noble wayland-session
Uname: Linux 6.9.0-060900rc6-generic x86_64
UnreportableReason: The running kernel is not an Ubuntu kernel
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
UserGroups: adm cdrom dialout dip lpadmin plugdev sudo users
_MarkForUpload: True

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/2064906/+subscriptions

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий